Tłı̨chǫ Youth Mentorship & Summer Student Program
The Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation believes in supporting Tłı̨chǫ youth by sharing the knowledge and experience of our years of operation and business growth and development. We are offering a youth mentorship and summer student work opportunity to eligible Tlicho youth aged 15-24.
- Inspire Tłı̨chǫ youth to self-reflect and consider potential career path interests
- Gain knowledge and experience in a variety of high-demand fields within various industries and sectors including Engineering, Labour Management/Mining, Construction, Road/Highway Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources & Administration, Health, Safety and Environment, Equipment Repair & Maintenance, Information Technology, Retail/Hospitality Management, Property Management and Corporate Governance
- Connect with current experts in these areas to build networking opportunities for future potential employment opportunities
- Create a stronger sense of community between Tłı̨chǫ youth and the Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation team
- Develop leadership skills with the Tłı̨chǫ youth to be applied to their personal and professional endeavors
When: Commencing early July, 2022 and concluding the end of August, 2022 for the summer work placement portion, with the mentorship portion continuing on to December, 2022.
Where: Work placements will be throughout the various Tłı̨chǫ communities and Yellowknife dependent on area of interest and work opportunity availability in each community
- Participation in a 1-day leadership development orientation program in July, 2022 in Yellowknife (exact date TBD)
- Excellent attendance during summer student work placement period
- On-site visits with the youth mentor during the program (schedules allowing - these dates are arranged to best fit the needs of the mentor and mentee)
- Meetings with the youth mentor to provide career path coaching support and guidance
- Participation in a Career and Interest development workshop in Yellowknife in August, 2022
- On-going leadership development coaching provided by Yellowknife’s Leadership Lab Consulting
- A letter of reference provided by the mentor to the mentee at the conclusion of the program
Who is eligible?
Tłı̨chǫ Youth that were born between 1997 to 2006 are invited to apply for the program.
How to Apply?
- Submit completed application here
- And upload one letter of recommendation with your application for program consideration. The letter may be from a family member/friend or from a teacher, employer, or another community member.
- Email your completed application form and letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
When to Apply?
Applications must be received no later than midnight on June 24, 2022