Tłı̨chǫ Community Builders is seeking a strong leader and experienced ticketed Journeyperson Carpenter, to join our team in Behchokǫ̀, NT as Commercial Foreman.
We will be considering applicants with the following demonstrated experience/skills:
- working foreman
- experience in steel stud, gyproc, T bar ceilings, welded door frames, commercial door hardware
- knowledge of fire ratings
- ability to read drawings and site instructions
- ability to coordinate sub-contractors
- ability to follow shop drawings and incorporate technical information
- reasonable computer skills (MS Office suite of applications); sending emails, maintaining timesheets and project records/reports
- enter online daily safety reports
- excellent communication skills
- strong leadership abilities and initiative
To be successful in this role, we anticipate that applicants will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the above-noted areas; experience working in remote indigenous communities considered an asset. Journeyperson certification in Carpentry a requirement.
All work will be performed in Behchokǫ̀, NT; accommodation and meals provided (for successful candidates who do not reside in Behchokǫ̀); working generally a Monday - Saturday workweek.