Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation owns three general stores within the three Tłı̨chǫ communities of:
- Gamètì, NT (Rae Lakes General Store - incoroporated in October of 2014 and purchased by TIC in January of 2010)
- Wekweètì, NT (Hozila Naedik'e Ltd. - incorporated in JUne of 1983)
- Whatì, NT (Wha Tì Gha K'aode Ltd. - incorporated in December of 2000)
The stores, through their partnership with Loblaws Inc. (Canadas largest food distributor), supply produce, dry-goods and other essential products and services within the communities, to include:
- Canada Post mail services (shipping/receiving/money orders)
- Limited banking services such as ATM and cash exchange (cheque cashing)
As all stores currently qualify for the Nutrition North Subsidy, through the Federal Government's Nutrition North Canada program, we are able to subsidize the cost of shipping healthy perishable foods via air to the stores and pass on those savings to our customers.
We pride ourselves on providing helpful and courteous customer service and are always considering ways to improve our operations and product/service offerings.